Africanjacana.com understands that privacy is a firsthand priority. We are committed to ensuring appropriate measures are in place to protect your privacy. The policy is in place to help you understand the kind of data we are collecting, reasons for collecting that kind of information and most importantly what we are doing with it. We aim for full transparency on how we gather and use the collected data.
The Information Our Website Receives and How It Is Used
To ensure the effectiveness of our website and to gather relevant statistical and demographic data about our website users, we go for the generic avoiding the specific identifying information about our clients.
Our web server can identify the internet protocol address of our visitors, web page from which the visitors enter our website, more details like date and time the visitors access our website, as well as how much time a visitor spends on our website. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. These cookies contain no personal information and are discarded when you close the browser. However, details concerning our visitor`s identity remain private always.
Gathering generic type of data helps us improve the website resources and functions, to communicate with our visitors and to make our services better, for diagnosing any problems regarding our server and for monitoring traffic on our website.
We might occasionally share statistical and demographic information about the visitors of our website with our marketing partners, to market our services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our market. This information, however, is related to a group of visitors and not disclosing any personal information about any specific visitors
The Information Received by the Ad Networks Operating on our Website
Various ad networks are allowed to display advertisements on our website. This network also gathers the non-personally identifiable information to provide advertisements that are identifying with particular interests. You can always decide to stop receiving advertisements with personalized information. You will nevertheless not opt-out of getting generic types of advertising our website allows.
These advertisements do not have any access to your personal information.
Our users have permission to leave comments on our website .the full contents of these comments belong to the commentators.
If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name and email. The comments and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so that we can recognize and approve follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue. We disclaim any responsibility for the way in which personal data and information provided by the commentator might be used by third parties.
Note, that, we also reserve the right to edit or remove some of these comments due to various reasons, including inappropriateness or content error.
Links to other websites
Our website provides links to other websites which might require to provide several types of personal data and information, such as name, address phone number, email address and links to your social media accounts(e.g Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc)
Rights and choices of California residents
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes rights you may have under the CCPA and explains how to exercise them.
California residents ‘Access to specific information and portability rights
If your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past12 months.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources of information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific parts of the personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclose your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists:
- Disclosures, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- The personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion request rights of California Residents
If your personal information is subject to the CCPA, the consumer has the right to request that we delete any of their personal information that we collected from them and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request and determine that no exception applies, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
Deletion request may be denied if retaining the information is necessary for us or our services providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take action reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or perform our contract with you.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive or illegal activities, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free right or exercise another right provided for by the law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws. When the information`s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research`s achievement If you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it. We may also limit our deletion to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Non-Discrimination against California Residents
If your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Unless permitted by CCPA, we will not:
- Deny your goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods and services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods and services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you particular financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information`s value to the company and contain written terms describing the program`s material aspects. Participation in this program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may terminate at any time. Currently, we do not provide any financial support program to our users.